This summer was definitely an experience. My husband, daughter & I not only made our way back to Canada [from FL] to enjoy the summer with family, but we packed out stuff up to put in storage & embraced a gypsy lifestyle of living out of a bag & whoever’s bed would welcome us. It was mainly between staying at my grandparents’ house or at my mom’s, but still living out of a bag, nonetheless.
This was tough. I crave structure & routine. My mind scatters when my stuff is literally everywhere, so I was almost in a constant state of chaos this summer. So, trust me when I say that I am ready for this shift to autumn.
But, summer would not be complete without a few takeaways from it + what I will be doing moving forward.
What I learned from summer:
- I needed the chaos…say whaaaaaaaat?! If you can find the beauty + lesson of what’s happening to you that rocks your world off its path, then you are one step ahead. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason & also that everything always works out for me. So, I needed the chaos [for whatever reason] & I now embrace [after the fact] that it was a GOOD learning experience.
- Instability is ok. I THRIVE off of stability, but there’s some beauty in not being in a stable environment & everything going how you expect it to. Again, this circles back to the chaos & embracing it.
- I needed this time in Canada. Being Canadian and now living in FL is definitely a big challenge. I know if I didn’t have my time back in Canada in the summers, my world would be much more chaotic & unstable. We tread a fine line, people. 😉
Then there’s the beauty in the simple things from being home: enjoying being back in my small hometown, the local indulgents [food, restaurants, wine], my fave running trail, getting to hang out with some of my biz builders + of course seeing fam & friends.
What I’m looking forward to this autumn:
- First & foremost is getting used to switching from the word ‘fall’ to ‘autumn’…and I’m being serious. I used to ALWAYS call it ‘fall’ but Robin Sharma had a very good point in one of his podcasts – it carries a negative connotation. Literally look at the word: fall. So autumn it is!
- A NEW PLACE TO LIVE. I am so, so ready to get back into a place that I can call my own with my little fam. I love my extended fam & all, but it’s not the same once you’re married & have a kid to go back in that situation of being around other people – I say that in the most lovingly way possible. 😉 Plus, it gives my fam a good excuse to COME DOWN & VISIT!! [I pretty much owe them!]
- Working on developing my business + starting a global health movement! I am still fairly new into building my oils biz, but in all honesty, it’s growing amazingly thanks to the amazing people I’ve connected with; some new friends, some old. I’m so grateful to work with & help the people I do [learn more about what I do here].
- More mama time! We have ultimately decided that Nia would benefit most from attending pre-school a couple times a week. I did not take this decision lightly [and hey it’s not even a sure thing yet; we’re still on the waiting list], but I knew that it’s something I need for me & it’s something she wants. It still gives us 5 days a week to spend together & she’d only be going 2 days a week for 4 hours, but it’s still enough time to allow me to do my work & give us some separation which is much needed!
And probably what I’m most looking forward to in general is getting some more consistent blogging in. I think it’s like working out [can I even compare blogging to working out? just did 😉 haha] – you stop for a day & it’s suuuuuuper hard to get back into. With blogging, I kept putting off posting. Oh this day wasn’t very interesting. Or… No one will even care about that. Guys, I’m putting all those fear-based LIES away & just going for it. If you connect with the content, great, and if not…well, I’ll still be here another day! Thanks to this book & my new morning routine for giving me the extra nudge:
I also did a periscope yesterday on making a superfood green smoothie, so if you want to check that out, you can do so here. This is probably turning into the most random post ever – BUT HEY – I told ya I was getting back into blogging, so these first few posts might be a little rusty.
Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday & enjoyed that long weekend. Also, to all the parents sending your kiddos back to school – enjoy how amazing this school year will be.