weekly grocery haul: 02/18
So, you know how last week I said I was going to meal plan this week? Yeeeaaahhh, not so much. But legit this week, I'm on the lookout for new recipes to try, seeing as I have nothing to do all week. Let me repeat that...NOTHING to do all week. Ah, that's better! I actually did my grocery shopping on Friday because I had to be out in the morning, and seeing as I had no food in the house, I thought I would just do it then. So, let's see how far the following stuff will stretch. So far it's Monday morning and I'm still doing good!
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 organic gala apple
- bundle of asparagus
- 3 avocados
- 6 organic bananas (I don't think it's ever less than 6!)
- 1 large grapefruit
- 3lb bag organic yellow potatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 rutabaga
- Silver Hill Bakery Big 16 bread
- Silk 1.89L unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Amy's black bean burrito
- Crofter's raspberry jam
- frozen organic broccoli
- kamut penne noodles
- 2 larabars (cocoa coconut and coconut cream)
- Lundberg long-grain brown rice
- Wholesome Sweeteners organic light brown sugar
- Organic frozen wild blueberries
- Barbara's shredded wheat cereal x 2 (was on blowout, does that mean it's discontinued?!)
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 can organic black beans
So I really, truly don't have anything planned this week, but I do wish I was more prepared and really want to next week. Especially with all the meal plan posts I see poppin' up on twitter from other bloggers. Such a good habit to get into, and I hate when I fall out of it! I think I just need to find more new recipes. I love my 'go to's' but it's time for some new foods!
Here are some meals that I would like to somehow put together this week, going off of pure need for something new:
- black bean and sweet potato concoction --> maybe a soup?
- sweet and sour tofu
- something chickpea; maybe create a new burger
- use the ol' lentils to make something hearty
Last night, I decided to whip up this recipe that I mentioned I was going to make 3 weeks ago! Does time really go by that quickly, that I've slacked on making it for that long?! Woops!
If you can get past having onion breath all night, then it's really good. But, I'm not sure that you can get past these...
Always on guard, that girl!!
So what was the damage this week?!
$74.21 (<---picmonkey was giving me grief for creating a cool looking total, plus, I was too lazy to wait until it decided it was going to be nice to me)
I'll most definitely need to get a few more things this week, like tofu and peppers for my sweet and sour dish, but I'm hoping we don't go much over $100. I really need to work on that thing called a 'budget.'
Pancakes or waffles?! Or Nia?!