weekly grocery haul: 01/21
After doing the generalized version of my weekly grocery haul a week ago, I thought making a more specific one each and every week would be ideal. Here, I'll let you in on what it exactly is that I am buying each week. Before we get to this week's list, here are somethings I consider when making my weekly purchases:
Sometimes I have recipes planned (like last week), and other times, I just wing it, and hope that if I do find recipes that I want to use that day, that I have the ingredients. Along with this, other things I consider are:
- what's on sale
- what's in season
- what pairs well with what I already have on-hand
I typically try to get grocery shopping out of the way on Sunday's, and then have the hubby do a mid-week replenish for the things we've run out of. For these, there really is no variation, it's typically:
- frozen fruit
- almond milk (occasionally)
- other fresh produce
- sometimes peanut butter and juice for smoothies
And now I will get to what we've purchased for the week of January 21st. (Note: this one will not demonstrate a typical week because the hubby and I are both leaving on Thursday for the weekend (he gets back on Sunday and I get back on Monday) so it's a little lighter than we'd normally do.)
- box of organic baby spinach
- 1 head of kale
- 2lb bag of organic carrots
- 2 large sweet onions
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 3lb bag yellow potatoes
- carton of organic baby portabella mushrooms
- 4 avocados
- 7 large organic bananas
- 5 navel oranges
- 1 Big 16 loaf of bread
- 1.89L carton of almond milk
- 2 Amy's black bean burritos
- Kiju 1L orange mango
- 1 box low-sodium veggie bouillon cubes
- Earth Balance organic whipped
- Frozen organic wild blueberries
- Nature's Path peanut choco granola bars (5 in a box)
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1 small container of organic popcorn kernels
- 453g bag of wheat germ
- 2 spritzer beverages
- 1 can of Amy's veggie lentil soup
- medium salsa
- tofu burgers (4 in a pack)
- 1 package of organic extra-firm tofu
And there you have it!
Before I go, even though last week's post was general, it pretty much encompassed what I actually did purchase last week, and I just wanted to show what that food was able to make. Plus, I actually meal-planned (just the order got mixed up than what the board says) ;).
SUNDAY - Chipotle's recreation.
MONDAY - Curried quinoa stuffed squash + pasta salad (for lunches)
TUESDAY - Leftover red lentil soup (lazy night because of night class).
WEDNESDAY - Lentil stew.
THURSDAY - Roasted sweet potatoes, roasted potatoes with mushroom and onions, and sauteed kale.
FRIDAY - Linguine in spicy pb sauce.
SATURDAY - Rice paper tofu wraps.
SUNDAY - Butternut squash and red lentil soup with kale.
Did you meal plan this week?