It's no secret that food is my hero. Anything and everything about it I love. I could sit and talk about food/recipes/cooking/baking/ingredients/etc for hours. I could also sit and listen to other people talk about these same things for hours. (This is probably the reason I got into reading healthy living blogs in the first place!) Since this little area of the web is my space to talk about food, I thought I'd let you all in on what makes it into my shopping cart each week! (You know you want to know.)
These are the items I typically buy every week, because I use them so much that I need to replenish them that often and/or to ensure freshness.
From the produce section:
- onions (typically sweet)
- kale/spinach/swiss chard (one of these greens at the least)
- bell peppers
- potatoes (usually yellow, but occasionally russet and red)
- sweet potatoes
From the fridge and freezer section:
- sprouted grain bread (Silver Hill Bakery brand)
- almond milk (Silk!)
- Daiya cheese
- Earth Balance organic whipped
- frozen fruit
- frozen veggies (broc, peas, corn, etc - depends on what I'm making that week)
From the aisles:
- cereal (usually Barbara's or Nature's Path brand)
- beans (black and chickpeas usually)
- diced tomatoes
- veggie broth and/or veggie bouillon cubes
- baby wipes (thought I'd throw this one in for fun!)
- peanut butter
And even though I'm covering what I typically buy each week, I thought I would tell you about some of my biweekly items because they can become weekly too (like, umm, if I get on a kick with something).
- brown rice
- (raspberry) jam
- chocolate/chocolate chips
And there you have it, a look at what we're munchin' on each week!
What are some items that you know you buy each and every week?!