the simplest and most delicious pancakes
Oh, pancakes...how I could eat you everyday. Of course, I would never...yet! But seriously, pancakes are legit tasty and legit super simple to make. Don't go complicating things (why you gotta go and make things so complicated?) by adding all those fancy shmancy ingredients. Keep 'em simple, yo! 6 ingredients simple. You can also make a pancake tasty and delicious in under 3 minutes. I promise. And if not, then I'll personally come and make some for you!
Simple & Delicious Pancakes
Prep time: 5 mins // Cook time: 8 mins // Serves: 6-8 pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2-3 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- Optional add-ins: hemp hearts (3 tbsp), ground flax seed (1 tbsp), frozen berries (strawberries and/or blueberries are the best)
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and vanilla bean (if using powder and not extract).
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients (almond milk) and stir to combine.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add some vegan butter or oil to pan and pour your batter in. Let cook for a few minutes (bubble should form in batter indicating when to flip), then turnover and cook on the other side for 2-3 more minutes.
The other best part (besides these being so easy to make and so delicious) is that you can make them into almost any pancake flavour you want, for example
- add fresh/frozen berries to the batter (we normally do blueberry)
- make them snickerdoodle by smearing butter on them once cooked and then a sugar/cinnamon mixture
- or, even add chocolate chips to them!
Let's be honest, you can't go wrong with any transformation for flavours. Just don't take too long to decide because the batter will be ready before your decision!
You better believe that Tyler and I are enjoying these pancakes this morning. Now, it's your turn!
[For snickerdoodle mixture do: 1 tbsp of sugar to a few sprinkles or 1/2 tsp of cinnamon - depending on how much you like cinnamon - and mix together]