taking your coffee to the next level!
I have a fun post for you all today! I figured if I can jump on for a few minutes, I might as well captivate you with coffee talk. (Clearly the only priority we should all have in life.)
Today I’m going to be sharing with you a superfood coffee. It’s actually inspired by this raw food restaurant we ate at this past weekend (we were in the Tampa area), that had amazing “specialty” coffees, but without the bagilion added calories and whipped creams which you would normally take that term for.
This one is actually good for you instead of the opposite, and will make you feel fantastic. So are you ready to up the ante by taking your coffee from stellar to intergalactic?? (<—Because that’s where we all want to be heading!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup (cold brew) coffee concentrate (find the recipe for it here)
- 1/4-1/2 cashew milk (find the recipe for it here) <—make sure this measurement is equal to your coffee; it should be a 1:1 ratio
- 1 tsp Bulletproof Brain Octane oil
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp mesquite powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender (Magic Bullet works just fine—that’s what I used)
- Blend for 15-20 seconds to incorporate all the ingredients
- Once mixed, some separation will occur if it sits, but all you have to do is stir of shake it to combine again
- OPTIONAL STEP: Add ice or 1/2 frozen banana to your blender prior to blending if you’d like it to be more smoothie-like
Ok, so seeing this is great and all, but what are the actual benefits to any of this stuff? (Am I right?)
- Brain Octane: 18x stronger than straight coconut oil for maximum brain function, converts to energy faster than other fats or oils, reduces brain fog, increases brainpower, and has fast energy
- Maca: energy enhancer, helps balance hormones
- Cacao powder: natural energy enhancer, may be #1 source of magnesium on the planet, highest concentration of antioxidants, temporarily shuts of appetite control center (make sure it’s 100% raw)
- Mesquite: adds a sweet & nutty cinnamon molasses-like flavour with caramel undertones, pairs well with chocolate (cacao)
(All of the above ingredients I get through Giddy Yoyo.)
And FYI: The coffee tastes absolutely delicious with these add-ins. For one, the Brain Octane oil is flavorless (I actually even add it to my tea sometimes), so you’re already down one ingredient that might alter your coffee in a way you wouldn’t want it to. But trust me when I say this is an alter you'll enjoy.
I hope you, too, try to take your coffee to the next level. And if you don’t have the ingredients to make this happen, I’m accepting orders. We’re still working on the drive-thru window round the back of our house though ;)
You can also check out this video I made walking through a similar concoction. The main takeaway message though: drink coffee. Enjoy it. Make it good + serve your body in an awesome way!
Want to learn more about adding essential oils to your coffee?! Let me show you how!