some things i've forgot to mention
I can be terribly bad at leaving out details on here. Especially when I have a million things I want to blog about, but don't want my posts to go in a million directions. Well, here's where I purposely make the post talk about a whole bunch of stuff because there are some things I've forgot to mention!
1. The obvious - I switched up my header and colour scheme. I really started hating my other header, like, a lot. I'm just glad the new one worked out. Or, at least, I like it.
2. My birthday. It was almost two weeks ago, and I don't know how I let these two events on that day slip through the blog cracks. They were both very important occurrences.
One, Nia is truly my child. She was doing everything in her power to take my green smoothie from me when we were out to lunch.
I actually did put the straw in her mouth and she started sucking the smoothie up it! She totally got a taste of it before I could remove the straw and we could tell she liked it. That's my girl ;)!
Two, this brownie is heaven sent.
Sorry, this mile high brownie is heaven sent. Vegan or not, this thing could put me in a coma because I could eat it everyday…and I would not even be sorry about it. Thankfully, I live an hour away from the place that makes it. But now, after talking about it, it's all I can think about eating.
3. Nia on the potty. I'll definitely do a whole post dedicated to it, but I just wanted to say why we've started as young as we have (since I mentioned it briefly in another post, without explanation).
I actually really wanted to start when she was even younger, but we didn't have a potty right from the beginning and I hadn't entirely done my research. During our vacay though, I listened to a podcast from the lady who created the system, Elimination Communication, so I felt more confident starting after that. I started implementing it on May 20th, and basically, as of right now, we just try her first thing in the morning and try throughout the day, shortly after eating or if she hasn't gone in a while. We wanted to start to, a) have her out of diapers sooner (I'm really hoping!) and b) because until I can get about 3 days worth of cloth diapers, we still use disposable, so I want to reduce the amount of those that end up in a landfill. That's the gist, but I'll do a more detailed post in the future!
4. Vitamin water is the bomb.com. Besides the version I made in this post, I've also made a strawberry lemonade and it was good, as well!
5. Other points: I seriously love green smoothies (you couldn't tell from point #2?!) and I think I drink them almost everyday now. I've particularly been loving this new flavour combo.
200ml apple juice
1 small banana, frozen
1/3 - 1/2 cup frozen orange slices
handful of baby spinach
1-2 stalks of kale (stems removed)
I also am going to do a 6 month postpartum update with pictures (is everyone excited, but me?!). I have it in the works right now. Is there anything you want me to touch on specifically?!
Phew, I think that about sums it up. This was actually way shorter than I thought it would be. That's probably a good thing. Too much of a scatterbrain isn't always fun.
What's your favourite dessert?!