six months old
I knew my baby was getting bigger, but she's seriously already half a year old?! Soon she'll be one and I'll be planning a birthday party! (Read: who am I kidding, obviously I've already started thinking about it and what the 'theme' will be.) I can't even tell ya how much this little girl lights up my life. Her smile is contagious and I just want to squeeze her pretty much every second of every day. Here's a look at what she's been up to this past month:
Other things to note:
- Tyler and I swear she says 'hi.' If you say it nice and slow, and drag it out like "hhhhiiiiiiiiiiii" she almost immediately talks back and definitely tries her best to repeat the word (and Tyler is convinced that she's actually said it to him before!)
- When she's lying on her back, her scooching is out of control now. She moves so quick and almost uses her legs to jump herself up the ground now. Let's just say that I can't turn my back for long!
- Successfully sits up for a good 30 seconds and when lying down, she will lift her neck and head to basically let us know that she wants to sit up. Girl will have a 6-pack in no time!
- She does a lot of talking and demonstrates a good range of sounds (linguistic nerd alert over here!), like: "ga-ga," and "da-da." I've also heard her make "H," "B," and "M/N" sounds.
- Still taking 3-4 naps a day. Bedtime is right around 8pm and wake up time is anywhere from 8am to 9:30am usually.
It's been the best six months so far and I can't wait to see what the next half year has to hold!! Happy halfayearsary to little miss, Nia!! xo
And, of course the post wouldn't be complete without some candid shots! TBC...