quinoa and potato vegetable soup/stew
I'm not going to beat around the bush - this soup is good. I mean, stew. Whatever it is, it's good.
I really don't know what to call it. It started as a soup, and then turned into a stew the next day. It's very sophisticated, clearly.
It's only confused of what to go by because it wants you to eat it. So if you like soup more than stew, then that's what it will be. But say you're more of a stew person, then it will win you over with its stewy-ness (yes, this is a politically correct word).
QUINOA AND POTATO VEGETABLE SOUP/STEW
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30-40 mins
Ingredients (8 cups)
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2.5 - 3 cups precooked quinoa
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 medium baking potatoes, diced
- 2 -3 cups greens (spinach, kale, etc)
- In large pot over medium-high heat, combine spices with carrots, onion and garlic, sauté for about 5 mins.
- Add in celery, potatoes, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to allow it to simmer for about 20 mins.
- When potatoes are almost cooked, remove bay leaf and add in greens and quinoa. Cook for another few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
So, just go with the flow and eat this regardless of what consistency it wants to be that day. You can thank me later ;).