Before we get into things, I had to start today off with this:
Happy Sunday and....you're welcome. ;)
Today is an exciting day because I'm going to share with you what was a game changer for my (iced) coffee/took it to the next level. (<--Big promises, I know!)
Next post should, for sure, go over the coffee itself (<--noted), but today, let's hone in on what gives it its "oomph!"
Two words: Cashew milk.
Of course, unless you drink your coffee black, but even still, you should probably give this a try just to say you did it (and if you want to be super satisfied in the taste department).
I started adding cashew milk to my cold-brew iced coffee about a month ago and never looked back. I originally was buying it pre-made, and then thought, why not give it a whirl at home? And so began something great.
I'm going to be upfront with you though, you will need a nut milk bag or cheese cloth to strain the milk through once blended... if you want it super creamy. There, you've been warned ;)
Let's get to making some milk!
HOMEMADE CASHEW MILK
- 1 cup organic raw cashews*
- 3-4 cups filtered water
- 1-2 medjool dates**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract OR 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- In a high-speed blender, add soaked cashews + water.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Strain through nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
- Return milk to blender.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend up again.
- Bottle and keep refrigerated for 4 to 6 days.
* = soak cashews for a couple of hours before using (max of 4 hours)
** = can soak dates in water to soften, plus use date water in making the milk (just subtract amount of filtered water when using to make up total amount of cups above)
Or follow via the graphics below:
Download PDF version here.
- iced coffee
- as a dairy milk replacement
- on its own!
And that's it! Enjoy this new dairy-free but still ultra creamy milk option.
Because when it's creamy & dreamy, it's almost as good as my hunky husband. Almost ;).